Busways provides scheduled route and school bus services to communities in the Port Macquarie-Hastings region.
Bus routes are determined by Busways, in conjunction with Transport for NSW.
For the latest information on Bus Route changes and updates please refer to the Busways website. School and community bus timetables routes by suburb and downloadable PDF timetables are also available online in addition to route network maps.
Bus stops and shelters
We work with Busways and Transport for NSW to decide where the buses will stop and we are responsible for providing bus bays, signs, shelters and seats.
You can contact us on Ph: 6581 8111 or email: email@example.com to request a new bus bay or shelter. We will work with Busways to prioritise requests based on usage and a range of other factors including traffic volumes, bus routes, site suitability, safety and the availability of alternate shelter structures in the vicinity .
We rely solely on grant funding from the State and Federal Government to install new bus stops and shelters.
We received $176,000 for bus shelters as part of the State Government Country Passenger Transport Infrastructure Grants Scheme and a further $135,000 through the Federal Government Roads and Community Infrastructure Program to be spend across the 2020/21 and 2021/22 financial years.
The following locations have been identified for bus shelter construction under these funding streams:
- Laurieton - Lord Street, east side, north of Seymour Street
- Laurieton - Ocean Drive, west side, south of Flinders Drive
- Laurieton - Ocean Drive, north side, east of Haven Circuit
- Kew - Ocean Drive, south side, adjacent to Camden Haven High School
- Dunbogan - Camden Head Road, north side, between Scarborough Road and the Sewer Pump Station
- North Haven - The Parade, south side, between Ocean Drive and Woodford Road
- West Haven - Ocean Drive, north side, between St Albans Way and The Gateway
- West Haven - Ocean Drive, south side, west of Waterview Crescent
- Bonny Hills - Ocean Drive, east side, south of Beach Street, opposite the Tavern
- Thrumster - John Oxley Drive, north side, east of Chancellors Drive
- Port Macquarie - John Oxley Drive, west side, between Wrights Road and Bunnings traffic signals
- Port Macquarie - John Oxley Drive, south side, east of Philip Charley Drive
- Port Macquarie - Major Innes Road, west side, north of Braeroy Drive
- Port Macquarie - Koala Street, north side, opposite Emily Avenue
- Port Macquarie - 69 Pacific Drive
- Port Macquarie - 180 Lake Road
- Lake Cathie - Ocean Drive, east side, between numbers 1514 and 1516
- Lake Cathie - Ocean Drive, west side, south of Solomon Drive
- Lake Cathie - 1459 Ocean Drive
This page was last updated on: 05 August 2021