Located in the heart of Port Macquarie, the Glasshouse is a state-of-the-art cultural center; home to a Theatre, Studio, Regional Gallery, Visitor Information Centre, gift shop, conference and meeting facilities, and heritage displays.
Our volunteer teams have been operating in the Gallery and Visitor Information Centre for almost 20 years and since the Glasshouse opened in 2009, have merged under one roof.
We invite you to join us at the Glasshouse and become a part of our dedicated team, sharing your knowledge and experience to engage, inform and educate our visitors in the Gallery and/or Visitor Information Centre.
Volunteer Gallery Attendants are the first point of contact for Gallery visitors and assist them in having an interesting and enjoyable experience. Gallery Attendants provide assistance to visitors by distributing catalogues, information and explanations of the program and floor plan. Gallery Attendants enhance the visitors' experience by ensuring the Gallery remains a warm and inviting place to visit while ensuring the Gallery is a secure and safe place for visitors and art works.
About the Role
- Greet Gallery visitors and familiarise visitors with the layout of the Gallery and exhibition program on display
- Ensure the Gallery and exhibitions are safe and secure at all times
- Distribute information, handouts and catalogues
Volunteer Tourism Ambassadors support and assist the Port Macquarie Visitor Information Centre at the Glasshouse, accessible to the public seven days a week. Ambassadors help locals and visitors who enter the building by distributing flyers and offering guidance on what our region has to offer. Ambassadors assist in ensuring visitors to our building and region have an enjoyable stay.
About the Role
- Greet visitors to the venue and help with tourism related enquiries
- Provide simple directions and visitor information by distributing appropriate tourist brochures to visitors
- Providing information on products, experiences and services in the Port Macquarie Hastings region
- Managing and stocking up brochure displays and promotional stock
- Respond in a prompt and courteous manner to visitor inquiries by providing visitors with impartial, objective information
Download an application form our website or come in to pick one up from our Customer Service Desk.