Main Content Anchor

About Community Grants

Community Grants Round 2 2019.jpg
Due to the Port Macquarie-Hastings area being severely affected by the recent floods, the Community Grant Program will be extended to the 24 April 2021

Does your not-for-profit community group have a great project that needs funding? Then apply for financial assistance through our Community Grants Program. Preference will be given to collaborative projects that will improve or embellish a public space in your community, or seeks to protect or promote our local history.

Council have recently adopted changes to the Community Grants Program to improve the process and ensure our grants reflect and serve our changing community. These changes support the development and inclusion of a wide range of community groups within the port Macquarie-Hastings LGA who have varied views on how to better support, engage and grow our community.

Available grant streams:

Community Grants Extra-ordinary Grants
(Offered in Round 2 only)
  • Community Builder
  • Community Celebrations
  • Cultural
  • Youth
  • Heritage grants
  • Micro-grants
Download the
 Community grants guidelines1MB pdf(PDF, 1MB)

 

Other important information about the Community Grant Program you should know*:

  • $5,000 each per year (except for Micro-grants which are $1,000)
  • Applicants to provide a full budget with 2 x quotes for all expenses over $500 and receipts on acquittal
  • A copy of financial statements (including Auspicing Agencies)
    Organisations 0 - 2 years old: previous financial year (where possible)
    Organisations 2 or more years old: previous two financial years

  • Public liability insurance to $20,000,000
  • Must have fulfilled their financial or reporting accountability requirements (acquittals and evaluations) associated with previous Council funding.

  • 65% of the grant funds are received by the recipients when the contract is signed, prior to the event or project commencement with the remaining 35% released once the event or project is acquitted and reviewed.
  • Successful applicants must undertake their projects between 1st July and 30th June of the funding year with project acquittal reports (with photographs/media clippings/ evidence included) to be submitted within 60 days of project completion.
  • Band Equity grants will remain the same as previous years for the 2020-2021 financial year.

*Some of these eligibility criteria may not apply to Extra-ordinary Grants. Please refer to the guide for each of these programs for the correct criteria.

Please refer to the  Grants Eligibilty Matrix138KB pdf(PDF, 138KB) for a more comprehensive view of requirements when applying for grants.     

How to Apply 

Round 2 of Community Grants will be open from 8 March 2021 to 24 April 2021.

Apply Now

  • If you have ay questions or require further information concerning the Community Grants Program please complete the form below and a member of staff will be in touch.
  • Please refer to our Grants FAQ's or contact Council’s Community Inclusion Team on 6581 8111 or email council@pmhc.nsw.gov.au for more information.
  • A help guide for applicants with information about how to use the SmartyGrants platform is available on the SmartyGrants website.

Click here to view form.

This page was last updated on: 13 April 2021