The next Community Grant Program will open 30 August 2021.
The Community Grants Program provides financial support to local not-for-profit organisations to create a connected, supportive and inclusive community through projects and events.
Available Community Grant categories:
- COMMUNITY BUILDERS: For community organisations to establish, strengthen or implement projects that can demonstrate a benefit to the wider community.
- CULTURAL ACTIVITIES: For projects that provide opportunities for residents to participate in a broad range of arts and cultural activities that enhance quality of life.
- COMMUNITY CELEBRATIONS: To establish projects that engage the whole community, encourage celebration and strengthen community spirit and connectedness.
- YOUTH PROJECTS: For projects and activities that benefit young people (25yrs and younger) and will have an ongoing benefit to youth in the community.
- MICRO GRANTS: To support unexpected opportunities for our community organisations to enhance people, places and spaces.
Download the Community grants guidelines1MB pdf(PDF, 1MB)
Other important information about the Community Grant Program you should know*:
- $5,000 each per year (except for Micro-grants which are $1,000)
- Applicants to provide a full budget with 2 x quotes for all expenses over $500 and receipts on acquittal
A copy of financial statements (including Auspicing Agencies)
Organisations 0 - 2 years old: previous financial year (where possible)
Organisations 2 or more years old: previous two financial years
- Public liability insurance to $20,000,000
Must have fulfilled their financial or reporting accountability requirements (acquittals and evaluations) associated with previous Council funding.
- 65% of the grant funds are received by the recipients when the contract is signed, prior to the event or project commencement with the remaining 35% released once the event or project is acquitted and reviewed.
- Successful applicants must undertake their projects between 1st July and 30th June of the funding year with project acquittal reports (with photographs/media clippings/ evidence included) to be submitted within 60 days of project completion.
Please refer to the Grants Eligibilty Matrix138KB pdf(PDF, 138KB) for a more comprehensive view of requirements when applying for grants.
How to Apply
The next Community Grant Program will open 30 August 2021, closing 19 September 2021.
- If you have ay questions or require further information concerning the Community Grants Program please complete the form below.
Click here to view form.
This page was last updated on: 29 July 2021