Does your not-for-profit community group have a great project that needs funding? Then apply for financial assistance through our Community Grants Program. Preference will be given to collaborative projects that will improve or embellish a public space in your community, or seeks to protect or promote our local history.
Council have recently adopted changes to the Community Grants Program to improve the process and ensure our grants reflect and serve our changing community. These changes support the development and inclusion of a wide range of community groups within the port Macquarie-Hastings LGA who have varied views on how to better support, engage and grow our community.
Available grant streams:
Other important information about the Community Grant Program you should know:
- $5,000 each per year (except for Micro-grants which are $1,000)
- Applicants to provide a full budget with 2 x quotes for all expenses over $500 and receipts on acquittal
- 2 x years financials for the group applying
- Public liability insurance to $20,000,000
- Must have acquitted any previous PMHC grants
- 65% of the grant funds are received by the recipients when the contract is signed, prior to the event or project commencement with the remaining 35% released once the event or project is acquitted and reviewed.
- Successful applicants must undertake their projects between 1st July and 30th June of the funding year with project acquittal reports (with photographs/media clippings/ evidence included) to be submitted within 60 days of project completion.
Please refer to the Grants Eligibilty Matrix153KB pdf(PDF, 153KB) for a more comprehensive view of requirements when applying for grants.
How to Apply
Round 1 of Community Grants is now closed however, you can still apply for Micro Grants year round.
Apply for a Micro Grant
Please refer to our Grants FAQ's or please contact Council’s Community Inclusion Team on 6581 8111 or email email@example.com for more information.
A help guide for applicants with information about how to use the SmartyGrants platform is available on the SmartyGrants website.
This page was last updated on: 06 October 2020