We want a better future so we need a Plan. This Plan starts on 1 July 2017 and finishes on 30 June 2021. It is for everyone with a disability, their families, carers, friends and the whole community.
The community is all the people who live in Port Macquarie-Hastings area.
This Plan sets out actions that council will deliver in the next four years to help make life better for people with a disability, their families and carers.
People with a disability know what is most important to them. People, with a disability, their families, friends and carers helped us to write this Plan.
Sometimes people with a disability need extra help to live a full life and join in with other people. The council wants to make sure this Plan is making life better for people with a disability and their families and carers.
We want you to know some of the projects we have done in the 1st year of the Plan. Read our Report Card HERE1MB pdf(PDF, 1MB)
7 Big Ideas
This is part of our long term thinking about the future.
The 7 Big ideas are:
- Give better access to council buildings and outdoor areas
- Have your say about council decisions
- Council information is easier to read, get and understand
- Make it easier to join in with your community
- Encourage shops and businesses to be disability friendly
- Council listens and supports
- Council is a disability friendly workplace
These ideas are included in this Disability Inclusion Action Plan4MB pdf(PDF, 4MB).
This page was last updated on: 10 October 2018