COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
In accordance with NSW Government advice, you can use playground equipment, but do so with caution.
- Maintain physical distancing
- Wash hands before and after using playgrounds and exercise equipment
- Assume the person who used the equipment before you has the virus
- Do not to go out if you are sick
Looking for something for the kids to do this weekend or just looking for a green space to relax and maybe read a book? We have you covered with our new interactive map showing the most popular playgrounds, parks and reserves within our region.
If you experience any issues with viewing the map below you can click to open the application in a new window.
Tips on using the interactive map
- Click on the colour coded tab 'Playground' or 'Park/Reserve' at the top of the tool to see the list and map for each. Scroll down to view all the recreation facilities available throughout the Port Macquarie-Hastings region.
- Click on a specific Playground (or Park/Reserve) to find out more about that space. Click on the < previous/next > arrows in the top right hand corner of the image to scroll and preview other spaces. To Close hit the 'X' to go back to the tabs listing.
- Zoom in on the map to narrow your search. You can zoom using the + or - signs in the top left hand corner of the map, or zoom into a particular region (for example Lake Cathie) by using the grey 'Zoom to' drop down in the top right hand corner. You can also zoom in/out using the fly wheel on your mouse.
- To reset the map to the original view just hit the little Home icon on the top left hand corner or click 'Home' in the zoom drop down in the top right hand corner of the map.
**To reduce demands on our drinking water, Council uses recycled water to irrigate some of the local sporting fields, public gardens and open space facilities. Recycled Water carts are being used for trees and garden beds in Port Macquarie CBD by Council staff and contractors - Recycled water carts display stickers on the tanks ‘Recycled water in use’.
This page was last updated on: 07 October 2020
Help us to improve! Was this page useful?