Port Macquarie-Hastings Council is helping customers enjoy a healthy, environmentally friendly and low-cost community lifestyle through Choose Tap.
More than a billion people worldwide do not have access to safe drinking water – but here in Australia we often take our quality tap water for granted.
Choose Tap is a community-based initiative promoting tap water as the best hydration choice for the environment, people’s health and their hip pocket and is playing a valuable role supporting community sport, local festivals, education, parks and gardens, the health sector, the business sector and cafes and restaurants.
Water Refill Stations provide access to free drinking water in public spaces. In the Port Macquarie-Hastings area, there are stations installed at:
- Town Green
- Town Square
- PMQ Skate Park, Town Beach
- Rotary Park
- Mrs York's Garden, cnr Grant & Stewart St
- Westport Park
- Wayne Richards Park
- Settlement Point Reserve
- Town Beach
- Oxley Beach
- Rocky Beach Lookout
- Shelly Beach
- Flynns Beach
- Lighthouse Beach Road
- Lighthouse Beach
- Sea Acres
- Cowarra Dam Picnic Area
- Bain Park
- River Park Boardwalk/Hastings St
- Rainbow Beach, Bonny Hills
- Foreshore Reserve, Lake Cathie
- North Haven Reserve
- Laurieton School of Arts, Bold St Laurieton
Choose Tap App
The Choose Tap app helps you find tap water when your need it. With over 1000 locations, you can find tap water wherever you are. Browse and locate nearby taps on a map and get directions.
The Choose Tap app is available from the Apps Store and Google Play.
- Australians spend over $500M pa on bottled water
- Approximately 50% of bottles sold in the bottled water market end up in landfill
- Our tap water is of the highest quality
- Tap water is about 2,000 times cheaper per litre than bottled water
- Drinking tap water can be a major aspect of leading a healthy lifestyle
For more information on the Choose Tap program and how it supports our community visit: http://choosetap.com.au/
This page was last updated on: 08 January 2019