Join the Red Bin Challenge before December 16 for your chance to win a Swag Starter Pack.
The Swag will keep your food fresher for longer, is reusable and machine washable. Three weekly winners will be announced on the Port Macquarie Hastings Facebook page, each week for the next 4 weeks.
Take the Red Bin Challenge in 4 easy steps:
- Complete the 4 (one word) answers and fill in the entry form below.
- Tell us how you will reduce the waste that goes in your red bin.
- Take a photo of your red bin just before your next bin collection.
- Look out in the mail for your ‘Red Bin Challenge sticker’ to put on your red bin.
Reduce how much waste goes in your red bin and reduce how much waste you send to landfill:
- Avoid unnecessary packaging and use reusable items where you can
- Put all food scraps (including meat and bones) in your green bin
- Recycle soft plastics in the REDcycle bin at Coles or Woolworths supermarkets
- Recycle right - put all plastic containers number 1 - 7, cardboard, paper, glass bottles and jars, aluminium and steel cans in your yellow bin
This page was last updated on: 25 November 2019