Asbestos waste can only be disposed of at the Cairncross Waste Management Facility in the Port Macquarie-Hastings Local Government Area. Asbestos disposal is only available from 8am to 3pm - Monday to Friday. Asbestos disposal is not available on weekends or public holidays.
Prior to disposal, all loads must address the following requirements:
- All loads must be booked in through the Cairncross Weighbridge with a minimum of 24 hours notification. The weighbridge can be contacted on 6585 0738.
- Booking details must include; the type of asbestos waste, number and size of loads, source of the waste, contact details for the transporter and delivery date.
- Asbestos must be placed into heavy duty plastic bags made from low density polyethylene (LDPE) at least 0.2mm thick.
- All bags must be double wrapped/sealed and taped shut.
- Bags should be able to be manually unloaded i.e. maximum weight of 25kg.
Please note that all deliveries are dependent on site conditions. Please contact the Cairncross Weighbridge prior to delivery to see if the site can still accept your delivery.
This page was last updated on: 13 November 2018