Main Content Anchor

Payment Methods

sYou can pay your Council rates and water bills using the following methods:

Payment via BPay

Please call your bank, credit union or building society to make payment from your cheque or savings account. Credit Cards are not accepted.
Council Biller codes

  • Rates - 5066
  • Water - 5207

Pay online

You can pay your rates, your water bill or make a debtor payment using our online payment portal.

Pay via Direct Debit

This payment option allows Council to debit money from your nominated savings or cheque account for an agreed amount on a due date (credit card accounts are not permitted using direct debit). To register with Council to use direct debit you will need to complete a direct debit request form and return it to Council. 

Please note that a separate form must be completed for each separate property (or assessment number). Once the direct debit is set up for a property it may continue until cancellation is advised.

Pay at a Council office

All accounts can be paid over the counter at any Council branch in Port Macquarie, Laurieton or Wauchope. Payment may be made by cash, cheque, debit card or credit card.

You can pay at Council offices between 8.30am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.

Pay by phone

Call the Westpac Payway Phone System on 1300 885 175 any time to pay with Mastercard or Visa card only.

You will be prompted to enter the relevant Biller Code depending on whether you are paying your rates or water notice.

  • Rates Biller Code: 108951
  • Water Biller Code: 108944

Pay by mail

Please mail your cheque or money order with the bottom portion of the account(s) you are paying to:

Port Macquarie-Hastings Council
GPO Box 3784

Make sure you allow sufficient mailing time to ensure payment is received no later than the due date. Interest will accrue on late payments at the rate listed on the front of your account. Please note this payment option is only available for rates and water accounts and no receipts will be issued for payments through the mail.

How do I pay fines?

The State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) offers online services for the payment of fines via credit card or BPAY.

Please visit the SDRO website for detailed information, including options, publications, frequently asked questions and payment methods for fines.


This page was last updated on: 24 July 2018