• Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide emergency resolved announcement. Site wide generic announcement.

    Check the most recent COVID-19 updates from NSW Health regularly, and follow the relevant health advice to help keep our community safe. Find more info on which services are open, closed, or online.

Main Content Anchor

Lost Pets

Losing a pet is a traumatic experience for you, your family and your pet. The best thing you can do as an owner is to report your pet as lost on the NSW Pet Registry site, contact the Pound on (02) 6583 3488 or local vets in the area. 

Council Rangers often pick up pets that are wandering without an owner present. If your cat or dog is caught in a public place without you, a Council Ranger will scan the animal for a microchip and make all reasonable attempts to contact the owner as listed on the NSW Pet Registry and make arrangements for the animal to be returned home. If the Ranger cannot make contact with the owner or if the animal is not microchipped the Ranger will take the animal to the pound.

If your pet is at the Pound you will be need to fill in a release form and pay a fee before your pet can be returned to you. If your pet is not microchipped or registered it will not be released until you complete these requirements. Fees apply. 

This page was last updated on: 08 December 2020