Port Macquarie-Hastings area Flood and Roads Update
2021 Update #15 - 2:50pm on 19 January
High rainfall has occurred throughout the Port Macquarie-Hastings area over the last 4 weeks with extremely high rainfall recorded in some locations throughout the catchment.
As a result, these changing weather patterns have created some hazards across our roads and bridges. You can report any issues online.
Impacted roads and bridges
CAUTIONS are in place on the following roads:
- Colling Road
- Ennis Road
- Glen Ewan Road
- Hacks Ferry Road
- Innes View Road - Light vehicles only due to road slip\
- Lorne Road (between Black Creek Road and Logans Crossing Road) - one lane closed with traffic control in place
- Oxbow Circuit
- Rawdon Island Road on Rawdon Island
- Toms Creek Road
- Upsalls Creek Road
Our roads crews are currently working to ensure all roads are safe for use, and will continue to attend to our road network in the coming weeks. We are creating temporary diversions or bypasses on where required or undertaking short term temporary repairs while we make the necessary preparations for more permanent repair works.
There may be damage to other roads so please take care. Residents and motorists are reminded to never ride, drive or walk through floodwater.
We will continue to provide updates as the above status changes. We thank the community for their patience as we work progressively to remediate and repair the issues caused by this heavy and prolonged rain.
The latest rainfall, river levels and Bureau of Meteorology warnings can be viewed at:
Residents and motorists are reminded to:
- Drive to the conditions of the day
- Listen to local radio stations for updates and advice
- Never ride, drive or walk through floodwater - if it's flooded, forget it!
- Call the SES on 132 500 for emergency help in floods and storms
This page was last updated on: 19 January 2021