This pesticide use notification plan316KB pdf(PDF, 316KB) has been prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Pesticides Regulation 2009. The plan sets out how Council may notify members of the community of pesticide applications it makes or allows to be made to public places that it owns or controls.
The aim of this plan is to provide information and consistent process in advising the community about pesticide applications made to outdoor public places that are owned or controlled by public authorities. The plan allows members of the community to be aware of proposed pesticides use, and if appropriate, to take action to avoid or minimise contact with those pesticides.
Council ensures that pesticides are applied to public places in accordance with respective pesticide labels and/or off label permits in a safe, responsible manner. In turn these processes will minimise any harm to the community or the environment.
The plan describes:
- what public places are covered under this notification process
- who regularly uses these public places and an estimate of the level of use
- how and when Council may provide the community with information about its pesticide applications in public places (i.e. what notification arrangements may be used)
- how the community can access this plan and get more information about Council’s notification arrangements
- how future reviews of the plan may be conducted
- contact details for anyone wishing to discuss this plan with Council.
This page was last updated on: 30 April 2019