Join the Coast, Estuary & Floodplain Advisory Sub-Committee
At Port Macquarie-Hastings Council we put the community at the centre of everything we do and strive to ensure that the community is involved in decision making. Our Coast, Estuary & Floodplain Advisory Sub-committee (CE&F) is a Council adopted group which plays a vital part in ensuring we reach a broad section of the community through the development, implementation and management of the coastline, estuaries and floodplains of the Port Macquarie-Hastings Local Government Area (LGA). The CE&F committee provides a forum for discussion between Council, business & industry leaders and the community where we can discuss matters that relate to the coasts and rivers of the LGA.
Council is now seeking expressions of interest from local community members and business/industry representatives with the appropriate qualifications, skills and experience to be active members of the CE&F committee.
About Councils CE&F Committee
The CE&F committee is an independent advisory sub-committee to Council whose role it is to provide independent advice and assistance to Council on management issues for the coast, estuaries and floodplains of the LGA. This includes the development of coastal management programs and floodplain risk management plans including the implementation of these plans and programs.
Key functions of the committee are:
- Advise Council on conditions and management issues for the coast, estuaries and floodplain of the LGA
- Advise Council on the development of coastal, estuary and floodplain management plans for the LGA
- Advise Council on the implementation of adopted coastal, estuary and floodplain management plans and programs
- Act as a sub-committee for the purpose of relevant NSW guidelines as they relate to coastal, estuary & floodplain management.
Port Macquarie-Hastings Council is seeking to appoint six (6) independent external members to join the existing representatives of the CE&F committee.
The CE&F committee presently consists of five (5) independent external community representatives; four (4) Council staff, seven (7) agency representatives and a Chairperson (Councillor). The Committee will typically meet at least four (4) times per year & additionally as required.
Council is seeking representatives for the following positions:
- Development Industry Representative - one (1) to represent the Hastings Valley - Flood.
- Development Industry Representative - one (1) to represent the Camden Haven - Flood.
- Community Representative - one (1) to represent the Hastings Valley - Flood.
- Community Representative - one (1) to represent the Camden Haven - Flood.
- Community Representative - one (1) to represent Lake Cathie & Bonny Hills - Coast & Estuary.
- Community Representative - one (1) to represent the Camden Haven - Coast & Estuary.
Nominees should have experience in the following areas:
- Development Industry Representatives - these positions are required to have knowledge/experience in the development industry including subdivisions and building works, DA processes, planning requirements and engineering requirements. Representatives will also have a good understanding of flood related matters including flood study development and implementation of flood mitigation measures and application of flood planning controls.
- Community Representatives - These positions are required to have a general local knowledge of the LGA and have broad knowledge of coastal, estuarine and/or flooding and broader catchment matters.
Interested in becoming a member?
Please complete the application form and answer the questions which relate to the Application Assessment Criteria (please no more than 250 words per criteria response).
When completing your application you may find it helpful to write your response to the questions in a word document then copy/paste this into the application form once you are ready to submit your application.
NOTE: Within the application you will be required to answer questions which relate to your current dealings with Council and potential conflicts. Having a conflict of interest, including a recent, current or on-going contractual relationships with Council does not automatically exclude a person from being a member of the committee, however all potential conflict of interest must be declared and a decision will be made as to the level of involvement that person will have on that portion of the discussion.
Coast, Estuary & Floodplain Advisory Sub-Committee Application Form
To register your interest in becoming a member of the CE&F committee, please complete and submit the form with the required supporting materials no later than 5:00pm on 6 November 2019, 5.00pm.
This page was last updated on: 15 October 2019