As we undertake the upgrade of Gravel Tip Road in Dunbogan, we are required by the Department of Environment to publish an annual compliance report on how we are meeting their conditions to reduce the environmental impacts to local koalas resulting from the upgrade of the Dunbogan Tip Road project. The Koala Plan of Management, habitat assessments and annual compliance reports can be downloaded via the links below.
The Gravel Tip Road services Council's Waste Transfer Station and Sewage Treatment Plant, and several rural properties. The upgrade works include:
- Raising of Reid Street, The Boulevard (to the Gravel Tip Road) and the first 820m of the Gravel Tip Road
- Sealing the Gravel Tip Road
- Limited trimming and clearing of native and exotic vegetation along The Boulevarde Road reserve to the intersection of the Gravel Tip Road
(approximately 3m either side for 200m)
- Limited removal (at points where overhanging branches occur) of native and exotic vegetation on the southern side of The Gravel Tip Road for 800m.
- Removal of 4 Koala habitat tree species
- Installation of culverts along The Boulevarde (south) and 3 koala underpasses along the Gravel Tip Road
- Installation of 2 raised pavements on the unfenced section of the road as speed calming devices.
This page was last updated on: 28 January 2020