Main Content Anchor

Report a pollution incident

Have you witnessed or discovered an environmental pollution incident? 

Who do I report a pollution incident to?

Concerns about pollution should be referred to the source or person causing the problem. The contact telephone numbers on this page should be used when an approach to the person causing the problem has not been or is unlikely to be successful.


Contact the Regulatory Authority

Council 6581 8111 (Business Hours) or 6583 2225 (After hours)
Environmental Protection Authority (EPA)
131 555 or EPA website
Workcover 13 10 50
Fire & Rescue NSW
1300 729 579 or 000

Polluters duty to report

Polluters must report certain pollution incidents to the appropriate regulatory authority. These are pollution incidents causing or threatening material harm to the environment. For information on who is under a duty to report, and when the duty to report applies refer to the EPA website via the Related Link below.

This page was last updated on: 12 April 2016