The Glasshouse offers a world of cultural experience, state-of-the-art technical facilities and flexible venues for performance, leisure and hire.
Located in the heart of Port Macquarie, the Glasshouse is home to a theatre, regional gallery, studio, Visitor Information Centre, gift shop, conference and meeting facilities and heritage displays.
The Glasshouse is a community, cultural and business facility with a range of spaces and services available for hire.
- 588 tiered seat Theatre auditorium, with a full fly tower and orchestra pit
- 114 removable tiered seat Glasshouse Studio - a black box studio exhibition, performance or workshop space.
- International standard Regional Gallery spanning over 600m2 over 3 levels
- Large foyer spaces able to be used as dedicated trade show and exhibition areas
- A variety of meeting rooms and boardrooms to suit business bookings from 2 – 140 people
- Commercial catering available
- Full fibre-optic communications and broadcast capabilities
- Heritage & archaeological displays dating from the 1820's
- Visitor Information Centre
- Gift shop
- Dedicated in house technical support
- Dedicated in house food and beverage services
The Glasshouse also provides the region’s most advanced technical and production infrastructure for patrons and venue hirers.
Hiring the Glasshouse
The Glasshouse has a wide range of facilities and services available for hire. To find out how you can hire this facility and use it to its full potential, please contact the Glasshouse Event Services team on email@example.com.
- Community Hire
Your community group may be eligible to receive 50 percent discount on venue hire rates. For information on eligibility, charges and how to book, visit the Glasshouse website.
- Glasshouse Studio Discount
Performing Arts organisations or Performance Artists may be eligible for a 30 percent discount on Glasshouse Studio Hire rates. For information on eligibility, charges and how to book, visit the Glasshouse website.
- Business Meetings, Events & Conference Hire
You are welcome to come into the Glasshouse and explore the meeting, conference and event facilities available for our local businesses. The Glasshouse has very competitive hire packages available.
- Hay Street Forecourt
To enquire about hiring the Hay Street Forecourt, located in front of Port Central and the Glasshouse, please call Port Macquarie-Hastings Council staff on (02) 6581 8111. Applications for the use of the Hay Street forecourt must be submitted to Council’s Traffic and Transport Section for approval under the New South Wales Roads Act.
Corner of Clarence and Hay Streets
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Ph: 02 6581 8888
Fax: 02 6581 8107
Glasshouse Plan 2020-2022
The Glasshouse Plan was adopted by Council, at the ordinary Council meeting held on 15 July 2020.
You can view the Glasshouse Plan here13MB pdf(PDF, 13MB) .
This page was last updated on: 03 August 2020