Whether it’s enjoying the spectacular vistas or burning off some of those unwanted indulgences, the Port Macquarie-Hastings region has some of the best walking trails available. From beautiful waterfalls, to unparalleled coastal views and spectacular natural wonders there is sure to be something for all levels of fitness. Take the opportunity to get out and explore our amazing region by finding the perfect trail using our interactive Walking trails map.
* This map provides a basic overview of available walking tracks in the region, but may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before exploring. While we endeavor to ensure that the information represented here is as up-to-date as possible, some changes may occur without notification.
To make your walk safe and enjoyable:
- Remember to take plenty of water and sun protection (sunscreen and hats)
- Do not leave valuables in the car
- Keep to the track, beware of traffic when close to the road and keep away from cliff edges
- Dogs are not allowed in National Parks (minimum penalty $200) but are permitted in State Forests (for example Burrawan State Forest)
- Please take rubbish with you or use bins provided
- For some of the more remote or harder walks please let someone know where you have gone and when you will be expected back
- Before visiting, get the most up-to-date information on fires, floods and park closures. Check the local weather and road conditions to ensure you can access the walking trail safely
This page was last updated on: 01 February 2021
Help us to improve! Was this page useful?