COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
In accordance with NSW Government advice, you can use playground equipment, but do so with caution.
- Maintain physical distancing
- Wash hands before and after using playgrounds and exercise equipment
- Assume the person who used the equipment before you has the virus
- Do not to go out if you are sick
There are a number of accessible playgrounds within our local government area that aim to provide children of all ages and abilities a play space that promotes social interaction.
These play spaces reduce the barriers experienced by people with special needs. The accessible playgrounds are located at:
- Bain Park, Wauchope
- Lasiandra Park, Wauchope
- Westport Park (Livvi's Place), Port Macquarie
- Liberty Swing at Town Beach, Port Macquarie *MLAK key required for access to Liberty Swing (key available from cafe during their business hours)
- Lake Cathie Reserve Playground
- Blair Reserve (Future upgrade)
*Port Macquarie-Hastings Council is committed to using the 'Everyone Can Play' model for all future playground upgrades to create inclusive playspaces for all.
Livvi's Place, Westport Park, Port Macquarie
The ‘Livvi’s Place’ all-abilities playground incorporates a carousel, water play area, tree house, nature play and new swings with the intent to provide visual, audio and tactile stimulation and interaction for children of all abilities and is designed to cater for wheelchair access and use by people with a vision impairment.
The playground was developed and built in partnership with the State Government and the Touched by Olivia Foundation with additional support from commercial partners including the Newcastle Permanent Foundation.
This page was last updated on: 07 October 2020