The Port Macquarie-Hastings area has some of the most picturesque beaches within NSW.
During the summer months you have access to six patrolled beaches. Patrol times will change throughout the year so always check with Lifeguards or Volunteer Surf Lifesavers on duty to get the most up to date information.
Lifeguards or Volunteer Surf Lifesavers are only on patrol when the Red and Yellow Flags are in place.
Surf Safety Tips
- Always swim or surf at a patrolled beach - Look for the Red and Yellow flags
- Only swim between the Red and Yellow Flags - this indicates the supervised swimming area
- Follow the simple rule 'NO FLAGS, NO SWIM'
- Read and obey all Water Safety signs
- Swim with friends or family - never swim alone
- Supervise children at all times
- Never swim directly after eating or under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Always check the conditions before entering the water
- Never dive in head first. Remember conditions can change very quickly and every wave is different.
- Make sure you protect yourself from the sun
- Always drink plenty of water
REMEMBER: If you ever get caught in a rip current - Don't panic or fight the current, float and attract attention to yourself - the earlier the better, raise your arm and yell out "HELP" this will alert the Lifeguards or Volunteer Surf Lifesavers that you require assistance. NEVER BE AFRAID TO CALL FOR ASSISTANCE.
If you ever need any help on our beaches always talk to a Lifeguard or Volunteer Surf Lifesaver. Look for the uniforms and ask for any advice or up to date information about the current conditions. We want you to have fun enjoying our surf and beaches, and be safe at the same time.
For more information on Beach safety: www.beachsafe.org.au
Beach Patrol Times
For beach patrol times, please refer to our patrolled beaches page
This page was last updated on: 10 December 2019