Council maintains a wide range of parks and reserves within our local government area and regularly receives requests to use or hire our reserves for private functions.
No approvals are granted for exclusive use of our parks and reserves as access by the general public is to be available at all times. When planning for your private function (which may include the use of barbecues, undercover areas, or other reserve facilities) please be considerate of other users at all times.
Some examples of private functions include:
Check the availability of a park or reserve
You can check on the availability of a park or reserve by using Council's online event enquiry system. The system will show you which reserves are booked or available in a calendar schedule. To access the system, you will need to be using Internet explorer (8-10), Google Chrome or Firefox. The system does not work with i-devices.
Submit a venue query
What you should know:
- Decorations can be used providing they are immediately removed after the event.
- A low impact portable amplifier & microphone are permitted however the noise must be at a reasonable level and must not cause a nuisance or disturbance to other park users.
- Chairs are permitted (max 20) for wedding ceremonies.
- No structures are to be erected (small wedding arches are permitted).
- No jumping castles, amusement devices or vehicles are permitted on parks and reserves for private functions.
- The venue must be left in a clean and tidy condition at the completion of the event.
Council will notify you of your approval in writing. The approval will outline conditions relating to your event and the use of the reserve.
Private ceremonies are covered under Council’s casual hirer’s insurance. Groups holding private functions are to provide their Certificate of Currency - Public Liability Insurance. These groups include:
- incorporated bodies
- sporting clubs
- associations of any kind
This page was last updated on: 07 May 2019