The Youth Advisory Council provides a forum for young people to have a say on community issues that affect them and their peers and to provide input into Council's youth policy development.
The Youth Advisory Council is an opportunity to be heard within Council, expand networks and advocate for local youth matters.
Youth Advisory Committee members are:
- aged 14 - 25 years who live, study and/or work in Port Macquarie-Hastings LGA
Committee members are required to:
- Attend regular meetings
- Contribute to organising youth events
- Offer advice to Council - such as current priorities, issues and needs
- Promote and encourage participation through networks and supporting events
- To assist Council in the identification of current interests of young people (aged 14-25 years) in the Port Macquarie-Hastings LGA
- To support and promote activities and special projects which relate to young people living in or visiting Port Macquarie-Hastings
- To encourage student and young people's participation in Council's activities and community service initiatives
- To assist Council in effective policy development through the provision of advice
- To assist in planning for youth events such as Youth
You can find out more on YAC on their Facebook page.
This page was last updated on: 22 June 2017