The Mayor's Sporting Fund was established in 1999 by former Mayor, Wayne Richards. The Fund provides financial assistance to young local athletes who have been selected to attend elite level sporting competitions outside of our local government area.
The Mayor's Sporting Fund has provided more than $300,000 in financial assistance since it was established. Athletes are encouraged to apply for assistance by filling in the below application form
Mayor's Sporting Fund Criteria
- To be eligible to apply, applicants need to be between 13 and 21 years of age at the time of competing, in the same calendar year for which the assistance is being sought.
- Applicants need to be Australian citizens or a permanent Australian resident, living in the Port Macquarie-Hastings Local Government Area.
- The fund provides financial assistance for elite athletes who have gained selection/qualified to compete at state, national and international competitions.
- The fund will provide assistance to sports that are currently recognised within the National Sporting Organisation list produced by the National Sports Commission. To check whether your chosen sport is included in the list, visit Sport Aus
- Every application is assessed on its individual merit.
- Applications must be received before the nominated competition date as funding will not be awarded retrospectively.
- Funds are allocated by the Mayor and the Mayor's Sporting Fund Committee.
For full details of the eligibility criteria and tips on how to apply, Download a copy of the Mayor's Sporting Fund Criteria584KB pdf(PDF, 584KB).
For further information please contact Council on (02) 6581 8111 or email
Mayor Sporting Fund Application Form
Please ensure that you read the application form and criteria carefully and supply all the relevant details so the Committee can accurately assess your application, including attaching a signed photography consent form693KB docx(DOCX, 693KB).
Lodge your application as soon as possible after you receive notification of your selection to compete. The Committee meets monthly to assess applications.
Click here to view form.
This page was last updated on: 01 July 2021