It's that time of year again! Whilst Christmas may look a little different this year, it is still happening, but with a slight twist. With help from some of the region’s best performing artists and a big group of passionate locals, we look forward to bringing you a COVID safe online production: The Christmas Bell - a Moment for Us All.
Log online, visit this page or watch on our YouTube channel and settle in with your loved ones at home for a virtual Christmas extravaganza on Saturday 5 December from 7pm - 8pm! We are bringing all corners of the region together with performances and conversations being filmed in the Hinterland, Camden Haven and the North Shore as well as Port Macquarie.
View the trailer :
In case you can't tune in on the night, we've made sure you won't miss out by putting it here online until 11 January 2021.
Here are a few of the exciting features you can expect to see:
- Watch live performances by local talents :
- Fiona Joy Hawkins - Kendall based Pianist, Composer and Singer. Her song ‘Grace’ featured on a Grammy Winning album in 2014
- Phil Jamieson - Front man, lead singer and guitarist of ARIA award winning rock band, Grinspoon
- Mat Brooker - Local Latin fusion musician and winner of 2016 Australian National Busking Championships
- Angus Gill - Local ARIA and Golden Guitar nominated country music singer and songwriter
- Blake O'Connor - 2019 Toyota Star Maker and Golden Guitar Winner, currently residing on the Mid North Coast
- John Thiering - Coffs Harbour based sand artist and painter featured in the opening ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast
- Ngarrgan Mirrliyn - Local Birpai choir group
- Elizabeth Robinson - Local singer songwriter
- Peter Di Losa - Trumpet and flugel horn player, band leader and composer
- Stephanie Maddren - Contemporary dancer and choreographer
- Joshua Moses - Locally based poet
- Tim Maddren - Locally based singer, writer and performer
- Rose Wilson - Kendall-based singer, songwriter, harpist and choir director
- Reggie D and Phil Harmonic - Well-known local blues musicians
- Charlotte Schrader - Young Wauchope based up and coming singer and performer
- Daniel Moore - Sousaphone player and Hot Potato band member
- Interviews with inspirational locals
- The official unveiling of 7Gratitude Murals recently painted around the region by local artists
- The lighting of the Christmas tree
- And of course, an appearance by the famous jolly man in red!
David Brooker, a talented local artist, created ‘The Christmas Bell’ image for this event. The artwork is based on an original photograph taken by a local RFS volunteer after the 2019 bushfires around Lake Cathie. The photograph was then beautifully drawn by David and created into this artwork for us all to now enjoy and represent The Christmas Bell - a Moment for Us All event.
Although COVID restrictions have forced an adjustment to our traditional celebrations, we are excited to give our amazing community something special, creative and new. We are extremely grateful for our community and this time of year, where we can gather safely in small groups and take a moment to reflect on the challenges and successes of the year that's been.
Council is proud to partner with GOT YA BACK PRODUCTIONS for the production of this project. And a big thank you to Port Central for their assistance with helping to make this event happen.
Funded by the Australian Government Bushfire Disaster Recovery Grant
This page was last updated on: 27 November 2020