In late 2018, members of the Comboyne and neighbouring communities came together in a series of Community Think Tank workshops to:
- Tell us what they like about their community;
- Draft a vision for the community;
- Identify key themes for their community and
- Identify actions that they would like to see delivered in the next 3-5 years.
A Community-Council Action Team (C-CAT) for the local community has been established who will work together to draft a Community Plan for the area. This Plan will then go out to the community for further input and feedback before being endorsed by Council.
There is still time to be a part of this part of this Action Team. If you would like to shape the future direction of your community, find out more and complete a nomination form.
Vision for Comboyne & Neighbouring Communities
“The Comboyne, Byabarra and hinterland area is a well-connected, vibrant place for all ages to live, work and grow. It is a place that celebrates its local stories and values its natural environment and rural village character.”
- Vibrant for all ages to live, work and grow
- Natural Environment
- Rural village character
Footpath Connections Prioritised by C-CAT for consideration in Council’s Footpath Program
$1,000,000 budget allocated across the entire Local Government Area for 2019/20
Over the past 3 months, representatives from the local community have come together with Council to establish a Community-Council Action Team (C-CAT) who are developing a Community Plan and Action Plan for the area.
The local C-CAT have identified the following footpath connections as priorities for the area:
- Comboyne Street: New footpath between Main Street (near Udder Cow Café and the Community Hall)
- Main Street: Remove pedestrian refuge and create new pedestrian crossing in front of Community Centre including replacement of handrails at Community Centre
- Hill Street: New footpath on the western side of Hill Street, from Thone Street to the Main Street
- Main Street: New footpath on the Western side of Main Street, from Landsdowne Road to Showground Road
Actions for the Comboyne area in Council’s Draft 2019/20 Operational Plan
- Small Towns Sewerage Scheme Construction – Long Flat, Comboyne, Telegraph Point (multi-year project) - Allocated budget $18,000,000
Have Your Say on Council’s Draft Operational Plan
Council’s key planning document for 2019/2020 (“The Operational Plan)” is on exhibition from March 21st until April 18th. This is your time to Have Your Say on what you would like to see happen in your community.
Give us your feedback online or visit one of our pop-ups:
Tuesday 2 April 11am–1pm – Settlement City Shopping Centre
Thursday 4 April 11am-1pm – Port Central Shopping Centre
Tuesday 9 April 11am-1pm – Lake Cathie (Outside Woolworths)
Thursday 11 April 11am-1pm – Laurieton (Next to Coles)
Thursday 11 April 4pm-6pm – Port Macquarie Library
Saturday 13 April 8am-1pm – Foreshore Markets Westport Park
This page was last updated on: 10 April 2019