Graffiti vandalism is the act of marking or defacing premises or other property without permission and is an offence under the Graffiti Control Act 2008 (updated 2010).
Graffiti vandalism is an increasingly prevalent social problem that causes serious damage to public and private property and imposes significant removal costs for Council, businesses and private citizens. It also leads to community problems such as making our town’s look untidy and makes those living in the community feel unsafe.
Removing graffiti is the responsibility of whoever owns the property that’s been vandalised. We remove graffiti from Council-owned property as quickly as possible, especially when it’s racist, defamatory or offensive. If you would like to report graffiti on Council-owned property, please complete the form below.
If you need to remove graffiti from your own private property or business, you can try:
- Household cleaning products such as dishwashing or laundry liquid, eucalyptus oil or mineral turpentine. Test on a small area first, and follow instructions on the label.
- A free graffiti removal kit which you can pick up from Council (please complete below form)
The Graffiti Buster Supa Pack is available free to private property and business owners. The kits contain environmentally friendly graffiti removal products and protective equipment. It will remove most spray enamels and permanent markers from surfaces including painted surfaces, glass, stone, tiles, colour bond, stainless steel, brick, concrete, plastic and perspex.
Please note only ONE Graffiti Buster Supa Pack per applicant per year will be provided. To receive a Graffiti Buster Supa Pack you must apply below and are only to be used on the property of the applicant.
If you would like to report graffiti on non - Council property, you can try:
- Offensive Graffiti and Intentional Damage - please report on the NSW Police website
- Telstra assets- please call 1300 368 387
- Essential Energy assets- enter details on Essential Energy webpage
- Transport for NSW assets - please call 1800 707 125 (free call) between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Australia Post assets - please call 13 13 18
- Council Property- please complete the form below.
Graffiti Blaster Volunteers
We currently have limited number of volunteers that go out weekly to clean council assets, which assists with Council crews who prioritise removing offensive or obscene pieces in the community.
Volunteers are welcome to join Graffiti Blaster program to help remove illegal graffiti in our Community. People taking part will remove graffiti from publicly accessible land only.
If you are interested in joining this program, please complete the below form for further information.
Click here to view form.
This page was last updated on: 25 August 2021