The Port Macquarie-Hastings Pedestrian Access and Mobility Plan (PAMP) are strategic action plans to identify pedestrian facilities. It is not a comprehensive works schedule but rather seeks to identify and address high priority issues.
You can view the Plans here:
The aim of the PAMP is to coordinate investment in safe, convenient and connected pedestrian routes. It provides a framework for developing pedestrian routes or areas identified by the community as important for walkability, safety, convenience and mobility.
The overarching aim of the PAMP is to address barriers to walking by providing better pedestrian infrastructure at critical locations. The specific objectives are to:
- Provide a planning framework for the necessary infrastructure to provide for a safer and more comfortable walking environment.
- Improve the level of pedestrian access and priority in selected high pedestrian activity locations.
- Reduce pedestrian access severance by providing safe and convenient crossing opportunities of major roads.
- Identify infrastructure works that can be implemented as part of Council’s future delivery and operational plans.
- Provide a focus for Council to source funds from other levels of government.
This page was last updated on: 16 July 2020