Port Macquarie-Hastings Council has developed a creative business mentoring program to help you build a career that makes your heart sing. Tap into 25 years of business experience and discover how to make it in the art world.
Eight-month mentoring program
The program includes six in-depth, one-on-one sessions with your mentor, plus six group sessions to expand your experience:
- Discover how to make money from your art
- Learn about branding and marketing
- Brush up on business basics like pricing, legals and accounting
- Set and achieve realistic goals
- Share ideas and inspiration with other artists
- Showcase your work at ArtWalk 2019
The sessions will be facilitated by successful local artist and business owner, Skye Petho of Arthouse Industries, who has more than 25 years business experience and 15 years as a trainer and mentor. Skye is passionate about helping creatives tap into their potential.
- Applications open - Friday 13 July
- Applications close - Monday 30 July
- Successful applicants notified - Monday 30 July
- First mentor session - Monday 13 August
- Facilitated learning sessions (by applying you must be able to commit to these dates) -
- 5:30 - 8:00pm Monday 13 August
- 5:30 - 8:00pm Monday 10 September
- 5:30 - 8:00pm Monday 8 October
- 5:30 - 8:00pm Monday 12 November
- 5:30 - 8:00pm Monday 4 February
- 5:30 - 8:00pm Monday 4 March
Who can apply?
Applicants must be aged 16 or over and live in the Port Macquarie-Hastings Council Local Government Area.
We welcome applications from any artist or creative person - painters, performers, singers, sculptors, dancers, designers - any artistic endeavour.
You do not need to have a registered business to apply, just a willingness to grow and develop!
How to apply
Application for the 2018 ArtSmarts program has now closed.
This page was last updated on: 31 July 2018