Interested in finding out more and being involved in what is happening in the Arts, Culture and creative industries? Receive information about activities, workshops, funding opportunities occurring within the arts, cultural and creative industries sectors in the Port Macquarie-Hastings region.
To stay up to date, sign up to our i:Create Newsletter.
Community Grants - Cultural Grants
The Cultural Grants category provides funding support, up to a maximum of $5,000 to encourage a range of art, music and cultural community activities to enhance our places & spaces. It would support the development and showcasing of local arts & cultural organisations and individuals and would include art and cultural programs, performances, and installations that are of a broad community benefit.
Further information on Cultural Grants is available here.
Note: Individuals can apply for funding in partnership with an auspicing organisation
Cultural Economy Plan
The Cultural Economy Project (CEP) was identified as an action within the Cultural Plan 2018 -2021 to ensure quality local data and insights were available to inform review of the Cultural Plan, especially with regard to the economic and commercial opportunities available to the region. The purpose of the Cultural Economy Project was to provide insight into the current creative and cultural industries sector and use this information to leverage future targeted investment, as well as identify strategies and actions to support further development through the Cultural Plan.
The CEP, including the goals and strategies outlined above, will inform the review of the Cultural Plan, which provides the framework and sets priorities for arts and cultural development in the area, and specifically for Council’s role in this. The development of the Cultural Plan takes into account a multitude of factors beyond the economic triggers and levers identified in the CEP. The value of this document is to provide a solid base of data and a framework from which we can grow, measure and monitor.
If you have questions about the regions cultural economy call Council and ask to speak to the Cultural Development Officer on (02) 6581 8111 or email email@example.com.
Art Funding and Resources
Useful information for the Arts, Culture and Creative Industries Sector
- Arts Mid North Coast is the peak body for arts and cultural development across the Mid North Coast region. They are a regional non-profit, incorporated organisation, and part of a state network of 13 Regional Arts Boards that provide the framework for arts and cultural development across regional and rural NSW.
- Create NSW offers financial assistance for arts and cultural activities in NSW.
- Regional Arts NSW is the peak body and support agency for arts and cultural development in regional NSW.
- The Australia Council for the Arts is the Australian Government's arts funding and advisory body. It supports Australia's arts through funding, strengthening and developing the arts sector.
- Creative Partnerships Australia's role is to create a culture of private sector support for the arts. They aim to grow the culture of giving, investment, partnership and volunteering, bringing donors, businesses, artists and arts organisations together to foster a more sustainable and vibrant arts sector for the benefit of all Australians.
- Information in the Easy Grants Newsletter is based on the most comprehensive and current database of grants available in Australia designed and priced for Not-for-Profits.
- Small Business is the NSW Government's information website for people starting, running or growing a small business.
Temporary and arts-specific public liability insurance is available for artists, arts organisations and performers.
(Please note that we do not endorse the services of any of the insurance groups listed below. If you require Public Liability Insurance you should contact a professional insurance broker to advise you on what product best suits your needs)
- Duck for Cover- musicians, dancers, visual artists, clowns, story-tellers, face painters, parkour performers, aerial performers, writers and poets, individual performers and performing groups
- Artsure - Market Stalls, Exhibitions, Artists, Workshops, Art Associations and Groups.
- Dancecover - Dance Studios, Dance Instructors, Performers, Yoga & Pilates, Tai Chi, Groups and Festivals, Competitions and Eisteddfods
Arts Associations and Councils
Other useful links
- Arts Law Centre of Australia is the national legal centre for the arts providing a telephone legal advice service for arts related matters.
- ArtsHub lists jobs in the arts sector and features interviews and reviews.
- Artsinfo is a government agency providing a single point of access for information about all possible sources of support available to the cultural sector.
- Pozible (formerly Fundbreak) is a crowdfunding platform and community for creative projects and ideas.
Help us keep this list fresh and useful. If you have anything to add, please email the Cultural Development Officer on (02) 6581 8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on: 06 October 2020