Outdoor business licence

Operating a business on council-managed land, such as a beach, park or reserve requires a licence. These can be granted for 3, 6 and 12 months. Fees and regulations apply. 

Know the requirements

You’ll need to provide

  • The ABN for your business
  • Insurance Certificate of Currency
  • A completed Risk Assessment(PDF, 121KB)
  • An Emergency Management Plan
  • A site plan and any photos of the proposed activity
  • Credentials such as proof of membership and/or accreditation with a recognised industry body
  • If a Development Application is required, you will be advised after your send in your application.

To apply for or renew a licence

  1. Complete the Commercial Activities on Council-managed Land application form to renew an existing licence or to apply for a new licence.
  2. We will contact you for payment once the application is submitted.

Application and licence fees can be found in our 2023/24 Fees and Charges(PDF, 3MB). You’ll find the information under Commercial Activities on Council Managed Land.