Apply for outdoor dining


You can apply to use a council road, footpath, or reserve for outdoor dining if the space is adjacent to your business.

This is a requirement under the NSW Roads Act and Section 68 of the Local Government Act. There’s an application fee, and rent will be charged if your application is approved. 

To apply for approval:

Know the requirements

  • Management of Public Spaces Policy

    This policy applies to land owned by and under the care, control and management of Council. It outlines the requirements an applicant must meet to provide dining areas in public spaces.

  • Outdoor dining procedure(PDF, 244KB)
    Outlines the steps that need to be followed by applicants and Council officers when processing applications for outdoor dining within our Local Government Area.

  • Outdoor dining FAQs(PDF, 101KB)

    Find more information about what you need to apply, the approval process, and your responsibilities as an applicant.

Complete your application

To apply, complete the Outdoor Dining Application form.

Have the application fee ready to pay

  • You can find the application fee in our 2023/24 Fees and Charges(PDF, 3MB) under Financial Management – Lease Fees on Council Land.
  • We will contact you to organise payment of the fee after you lodge your application form. 
  • To encourage outdoor dining spaces in the Camden Haven and Wauchope, the application fee and the first 12 months’ rent are currently free for all new outdoor dining spaces.