The following information is provided to ensure there is a better understanding of the approval process. Once you have read Port Macquarie-Hastings Council’s (PMHC) “Mobile food vending vehicle and temporary food stall” policy, you may:
1. Complete the relevant form (refer to Related Information) and submit with the following documentation:
- Evidence of a current public liability insurance.
- Evidence of Food handling qualifications (Food Safety Supervisor Certificate), where applicable
- Floor plan of the food vending vehicle or temporary food stall on the day of trade
- Identification of the vending route (where applicable)
- Evidence of any pre-existing New South Wales Food authority licences.
2. Assessing a vehicle/stall under the NSW Food Act 2003 “Guidelines for complying with food handling standards”.
- Initial desk top assessment, the service standard is ten working days but may take longer if the application is incomplete.
- A suitable time and place is arranged to bring the vehicle or food stall in to Council for an assessment in a “ready to trade” state. Please allow more time to set up a temporary food stall.
- This will ensure the vehicle or set up is mobile and facilitate the necessary annual payment of the food vending vehicle/temporary food stall registration fee.
- A Food Premises Assessment Report will be issued.
3. For convenience, your food vending set up may be assessed at one of the following PMHC Offices:
- Port Macquarie- 17 Burrawan Street, Port Macquarie NSW 2444.
- Laurieton - 9 Laurie Street, Laurieton NSW 2443.
- Wauchope - 45 High Street, Wauchope NSW 2446
4. Once the inspection is complete and the scheduled fee paid, Council will issue a Permit.
This page was last updated on: 30 October 2019