The following information is provided to ensure there is a better understanding of the approval process for Mobile Food Vending within the LGA. This can also apply to Temporary Food Stall holders wishing to obtain an annual permit.
Once you have read Port Macquarie-Hastings Council’s (PMHC) “Mobile food vending vehicle and temporary food stall” policy, you may:
1. Complete the relevant form (refer to Related Information) and submit with the following documentation:
- Evidence of a current public liability insurance.
- Evidence of Food handling qualifications (Food Safety Supervisor Certificate), where applicable
- Floor plan of the food vending vehicle or temporary food stall on the day of trade
- Identification of the vending route (where applicable)
- Evidence of any pre-existing New South Wales Food authority licences.
2. Assessing a vehicle/stall under the NSW Food Act 2003 “Guidelines for complying with food handling standards”.
- Initial desk top assessment, the service standard is ten working days but may take longer if the application is incomplete.
- A suitable time and place is arranged to bring the vehicle or food stall in to Council for an assessment in a “ready to trade” state. Please allow more time to set up a temporary food stall.
- This will ensure the vehicle or set up is mobile and facilitate the necessary annual payment of the food vending vehicle/temporary food stall registration fee.
- A Food Premises Assessment Report will be issued.
3. For convenience, your food vending set up may be assessed at one of the following PMHC Offices:
- Port Macquarie- 17 Burrawan Street, Port Macquarie NSW 2444.
- Laurieton - 9 Laurie Street, Laurieton NSW 2443.
- Wauchope - 45 High Street, Wauchope NSW 2446
4. Once the inspection is complete and the scheduled fee paid, Council will issue a Permit.
This page was last updated on: 22 March 2021