COVID-19 is causing rapid changes for businesses and workers.
Make sure your business is COVID Safe
Access support for you and your workforce
- The NSW 2021 Support Package provides financial assistance, support measures and tax relief to help businesses and people across the state impacted by the current COVID-19 restrictions.
- The COVID-19 Disaster Payment supports workers who have lost eight hours or more of work per week because of stay-at-home orders, movement restrictions, being stood down, losing their job or having hours reduced.
- The Port Macquarie Hastings Council’s Grant Finder provides a list of available disaster grants.
Get tailored advice
- Monitor local media to stay across COVID-19 health updates and government funded support measures as soon as they are released.
- Check in with your Accountant or Tax Agent to get tailored, professional advice about how the funded support measures apply to your specific situation.
- Reach out for personalised support from a Service NSW Business Concierge and Business Connect Advisor. These services are also available to support businesses impacted by natural disasters.
- Subscribe to credible websites and social media groups providing updates, advice and useful resources relevant to your business. Our Economic Development Team’s Business Portal Facebook Page is a good place to start.
- Participate in business impact surveys that are asking for feedback from employers and business owners about the COVID-19 impacts you’re experiencing. It’s a great opportunity to help shape the support and assistance that government and other organisations are keen to provide.
- Explore the Australian Government's Employment Hub to learn about support available to recruit employees or scale up your workforce when the time is right. Assistance is also available for businesses needing to reduce their workforce.
Look after you
Mental health and wellbeing support is out there, and you can access it 24/7:
This page was last updated on: 23 August 2021