Bulli Creek Bridge was a timber bridge located east of Byabarra and west of Wauchope on Comboyne Road. The former bridge over Bulli Creek was designed and constructed around 1950 and has played an important role in providing vehicular access for the regions community and agricultural industries for over 60 years. Although the bridge had seen routine maintenance during this time, the existing timber bridge reached the end of its service life and was replaced with a single span reinforced concrete bridge.
The overall aim of the project was to:
- provide a more reliable and safer regional route along Comboyne Road; and
- provide a quality bridge for current and future users.
Council obtained funding from the Australian Government (Bridges Renewal Program) and the New South Wales Government (Restart NSW Fund) to design and construct the new bridge and follows on from the recent replacement of Hyndmans Creek Bridge, also on Comboyne Road.
The Bridge Replacement Program is part of the significant upcoming works program to be rolled out across the Local Government Area over the next three financial years.
This page was last updated on: 11 September 2019