Council and the State Government will invest $4 million into the development of Stuart Park and its sporting infrastructure to provide premier recreational facilities that will benefit a range of sports, and can be accessed by all ages and abilities.
Council will contribute $800,000 to the upgrades, with $3.192 million to be provided under the NSW Government's Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund.
The upgrades will include:
- A new 1.8km perimeter walking track,
- mulit-purpose netball and basketball courts,
- upgrades to change rooms and lighting,
- a new playground,
- Relocation of the Petanque Court,
- BBQ facilities and
- an off-leash dog park.
Improvements will also be made to floodlighting, spectator seating, car parking, storage facilities and drainage.
A Site Plan5MB pdf(PDF, 5MB) has been created to showcase the upgrades which will now move onto consultation and detailed design phases.
First week in August will bring about the mobilisation of contractors and the commencement of construction on the Stuart Park Playground and the Perimeter Pathway.
The playground will offer play opportunities for users of the Stuart Park sport facilities as well as offering a new destination point for the surrounding community. The playground is located centrally in the Park in an area with established shade trees and in close proximity to parking and public toilets.
The key design objectives proposed for this playground are to:
- Give the playground a sense of identity - with entry path, and featuring carved kangaroos;
- Provide a variety of passive and active play experiences;
- Cater for a wide age group;
- Provide accessible play options and accessible access;
- Include natural play elements like planting and logs;
- Provide a variety of seating and picnicking options;
- Connect to the overall Stuart Park bike/pedestrian network and include bike racks;
- Provide amenities such as bubbler and rubbish bin.
The playground will include: (see also Playground Plan6MB pdf(PDF, 6MB))
6m Height Lunar Climbing Net
Extra high swing (senior) and standard swing (junior)
Wheelchair accessible spinner
Combination play unit with platforms and 2 slides
Nature play balancing logs and steppers
Picnic tables (2 )
Carved timber kangaroos (2)
Mulched planting areas
Rubbish bin, bubbler and bike racks
Wave seats (2)
The Stuart Park Project Team were delighted to complete and handover the first stage of Stuart Park’s construction programme, the relocation of the Petanque Court.
Completed - July 2019
This page was last updated on: 13 August 2019