Council is continuing with the design of the new sporting facility located on the corner of Oxley Highway and Stoney Creek Road, Wauchope.
This site was identified by Council as a location that will not only cater for existing sporting needs but offers an opportunity to support forecast population growth as well as sporting tourism through attraction of new regional and state level events.
The high-end fields and related infrastructure have been designed for a range outdoor sports including, but not limited to, cricket, touch football, football, rugby league and rugby union. Council are also working with Cricket NSW to develop an indoor sporting facility at this site that will cater for a range of indoor uses.
The site at Wauchope is seen as ideal in catering for Wauchope and the surrounding community and providing ease of access from the Pacific Highway, Port Macquarie and our broader region.
The new sporting facility will include:
Based on the previous community consultation undertaken to date, the following improvements have been made to the planned facility:
- The relocation away from neighbouring properties and reduction in size of the northern carpark;
- Provision of additional landscaping along the northern boundary;
- Relocation of the proposed indoor facility to higher ground to achieve the minimum flood planning level and provide space to adjust the northern car park. (This building has been located as far from residential properties as possible and will be designed to minimise noise to adjacent residents);
- Service vehicle only access to Princess Avenue;
- New vehicle access to the facility from Randall Street;
- A new footpath connecting the site to the Rocks Ferry Road footpath; and
- Development of a Construction Staging Plan.
Council has updated the detailed master plan6MB pdf(PDF, 6MB) for the Hastings Sporting Fields to reflect these changes including the proposed construction staging plan. This can be viewed via the link provided.
In light of the current COVID19 restrictions, Council will hold a community Q&A held via Facebook Live on Wednesday 15th July 2020 at 1pm. Keep an eye on Council’s Facebook page for more information.
Council will continue to update the community as the project progresses. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, do not hesitate to contact the Project Manager, Michael Collins by phone on (02) 6581 8111.
This page was last updated on: 15 July 2020