Cairncross Landfill Expansion
The landfill was established in 2000 and accepts all of the waste from our local government area (LGA).
In November 2019, Council obtained development consent for the expansion of the Cairncross Landfill. This expansion will allow for three more landfill stages and a further 36 years of landfill life for the LGA.
Sub-stages 1A, 1C and 1E began construction in January 2021, with expected completion in early 2022 providing approximately 9 more years of landfill life for the Port Macquarie-Hastings LGA.
Condition C18 of the conditions of consent requires Council to make information and documents pertaining to the landfill expansion publicly available on its website. These are available below:
- Environment Protection Licence162KB pdf(PDF, 162KB)
- SSD-5792-Cairncross-Signed-Consent.pdf2MB pdf(PDF, 2MB)
- Bushfire and Fuel Management Plan (BFFMP)3MB pdf(PDF, 3MB)
- Stage 1A, 1C and 1E construction plans60MB pdf(PDF, 60MB)
- Cairncross Landfill Expansion - Environmental Impact Statement84MB zip(ZIP, 84MB),
- Cairncross Landfill Expansion - Response to Submissions of EIS24MB zip(ZIP, 24MB) - You will need to unzip these files. If you do not have software to do this, please contact Council for copies of these documents due to their large file sizes.
- Environmental monitoring reports and summaries
- Cairncross_Leachate_Management_Plan_Rev-4_compiled.pdf4MB pdf(PDF, 4MB)
- Cairncross_Landfill_Management_Plan_Rev-3_clean_compiled.pdf4MB pdf(PDF, 4MB)
- Cairncross_Water_Management_Plan_Rev.7_clean_compiled.pdf4MB pdf(PDF, 4MB)
Cairncross-WMF-Complaints-Register2.xlsx9KB xlsx(XLSX, 9KB)
If you would like to find out more information about this project please contact Council on (02) 6581 8111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on: 26 July 2021