We are continuing to improve the transport and stormwater network across the Port Macquarie-Hastings region with an upgrade now complete on The Ruins Way between Major Innes Rd and Sitella St.
The project included new kerb and guttering, pavement reconstruction and widening to 9m, stormwater drainage improvements, lighting upgrades and 470m of new shared pathway running between Major Innes Rd and The Ruins Way playground, opposite Sitella St.
The desired outcomes of the project included:
- Reconstruction of the pavement to cater for future residential subdivision growth and reduce our current maintenance upkeep costs.
- New asphalt road surface to reduce noise and improve ride quality.
- Improved drainage provisions to control road surface run-off.
- Provision of a shared pathway that improves connectivity and safely accommodates a variety of users off-road.
- Improved lighting to enhance road legibility and create a safer environment for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
Works commenced on site in late July 2020 and were completed in December 2020. Resurfacing was also undertaken in early 2020 on adjoining sections of The Ruins Way and Major Innes Rd.
This $1.75M project was funded by Port Macquarie-Hastings Council ($750,000) and the Australian Government Roads to Recovery program ($1.02 million).
This page was last updated on: 20 January 2021