Residents can request to speak in the Public Forum - Matters Not On The Agenda of the Ordinary Council Meeting on any Council-related matter not listed on the Agenda.
A maximum of five speakers in the Public Forum is allowed at any one Council Meeting.
Each speaker has five minutes to address the meeting. Council has the opportunity to ask questions after each address is completed, but speakers cannot ask questions of Council.
If you wish to address Council in the Public Forum - Matters Not On The Agenda, you must apply to address that meeting no later than 4.30pm on the day before the meeting by completing the 'Request to Speak in Public Forum' form. This form is available at Council's offices, online or in pdf below.
Requests to speak in the Public Forum - Matters Not On The Agenda close at 4.30pm on the day before the Council meeting.
Apply to speak in a public forum here
Or download the form Request To Speak in Public Forum138KB pdf(PDF, 138KB), fill it in and then forward the form to Council via:
- Email to email@example.com
- Post to General Manager, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council, PO Box 84, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- In person to Council’s Customer Service Centres at either Port Macquarie, Wauchope or Laurieton
Information for Speakers
- There is no automatic right under legislation for the public to participate in a Meeting of Council or a Committee of Council.
- For a member of the public to be considered to address Council in the Public Forum, they must agree to strictly adhere to all relevant adopted Council Codes, Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Addresses in the Public Forum - Matters Not On The Agenda will commence at 5:30pm.
- When your name is called, please proceed to the Council Table and address Council.
- Councillors may ask questions of a speaker following an address.
- Each answer, by the speaker, to a question is limited to two (2) minutes.
- A speaker cannot ask questions of Council.
- Council will not determine any matter raised in the Public Forum session, however Council may resolve to call for a future report.
- Each speaker will be allocated a maximum of five (5) minutes to address Council. This time is strictly enforced.
- If you have any documentation to support your presentation, provide 2 copies to Council by 4:30pm on the day before the Meeting.
- If a speaker has an audio visual presentation, a copy of the presentation is to be provided to Council by 4:30pm on the day before the Meeting.
- The following will not be considered in the public forum (in accordance with the Code of Meeting Practice, clause 4.26):
a submission on a proposed or pending planning proposal, development application, application to modify a development consent, application to review a determination or any related matter,
a submission by an applicant or objector in respect of development who made an oral submission at an on-site inspection,
a submission by a person on a matter on which they have made submissions at two (2) previous open forums in the same calendar year, unless otherwise approved in writing by the general manager,
a submission relating to a current or pending procurement, contract negotiation or dispute resolution involving the council,
a submission on any matter which the general manager or their delegate considers is inappropriate to be made at an open forum.
- Council accepts no responsibility for any defamatory statements made by speakers.
- Members of the public may quietly enter and leave the Meeting at any time.
This page was last updated on: 26 June 2019