Community members can request to speak in the Public Forum - Matters Not On The Agenda on any Council-related matter not listed on the Agenda.
Each speaker has five minutes to address the meeting. Council has the opportunity to ask questions after each address is completed, but speakers cannot ask questions of Council.
If you wish to speak in the Public Forum - Matters Not On The Agenda, you must apply to address that meeting no later than 9:00am on the day of the Public Forum by completing the 'Request to Speak in Public Forum - Matters Not On The Agenda' form. This form is available at Council's offices, online or in pdf below.
Requests to speak in the Public Forum - Matters Not On The Agenda close at 9:00am on the day of the Public Forum.
Apply to speak in a Public Forum - Matters Not On The Agenda here
Or download the form Request to Speak in Public Forum - Matters Not On The Agenda517KB pdf(PDF, 517KB) fill it in and then forward the form to Council via:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to Chief Executive Officer, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council, PO Box 84, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- In person to Council’s Customer Service Centres at either Port Macquarie, Wauchope or Laurieton
Information for Speakers
- The Public Forum commences at 5:00pm on the Monday prior to the Ordinary Council Meeting. (If the Monday is a public holiday, the Public Forum will be held on the Tuesday prior to the Ordinary Council Meeting).
- Speakers addressing on Items on the Agenda are given first priority to speak. People wishing to speak on Matters Not On The Agenda may be given an opportunity if time permits.
- For a member of the public to be considered to address in the Public Forum, they must agree to strictly adhere to all relevant adopted Council Codes, Policies and Procedures at all times.
- When your name is called, please proceed to the lectern and address Council.
- Councillors may ask questions of a speaker following an address.
- Each answer, by the speaker, to a question is limited to two (2) minutes.
- A speaker cannot ask questions of Council.
- Each speaker will be allocated a maximum of five (5) minutes to address Council. This time is to be strictly enforced by the Chairperson.
- If you have any documentation, written, visual or audio, to support your presentation, provide to Council by 9:00am on the day of the Public Forum.
- The following will not be considered in the public forum (in accordance with the Code of Meeting Practice, clause 4.21):
a submission on a proposed or pending planning proposal, development application, application to modify a development consent, application to review a determination or any related matter,
a submission by an applicant or objector in respect of development who made an oral submission at an on-site inspection,
a submission by a person on a matter on which they have made submissions at two (2) previous open forums in the same calendar year, unless otherwise approved in writing by the general manager,
a submission relating to a current or pending procurement, contract negotiation or dispute resolution involving the council,
a submission on any matter which the general manager or their delegate considers is inappropriate to be made at an open forum.
- Council accepts no responsibility for any defamatory statements made by speakers.
This page was last updated on: 17 May 2021