Community members can request to speak in the Public Forum on any agenda item listed on the Ordinary Council agenda as either:
- in support of the recommendation
- in opposition of the recommendation
A maximum of two speakers “in support of the recommendation” and two speakers “in opposition of the recommendation” are allowed on any one agenda item per Council Meeting.
Each speaker has five minutes to address the Council. Council has the opportunity to ask questions after each speaker has finished, but speakers cannot ask questions of Council.
If you wish to speak in the Public Forum - Matters On The Agenda, you must apply to address that meeting no later than 9:00am on the day of the Public Forum by completing the 'Request to Speak in Public Forum On Agenda Item’ form. This form is available at Council's offices, online or in pdf below.
Requests to speak in Public Forum on an Agenda Item close at 9:00am on the day of the Public Forum.
Apply to speak in Public Forum on an agenda item here
Or download the form Request to speak in Public Forum on Agenda Item515KB pdf(PDF, 515KB), and then forward the completed form to Council via:
- Email to email@example.com
- Post to Chief Executive Officer, Port Macquarie-Hastings Council, PO Box 84, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- In person to Council’s Customer Service Centres at either Port Macquarie, Wauchope or Laurieton
Information for Speakers
- The Public Forum commences at 5:00pm on the Monday prior to the Ordinary Council Meeting. (If the Monday is a public holiday, the Public Forum will be held on the Tuesday prior to the Ordinary Council Meeting).
- Speakers addressing Items on the Agenda are given first priority to speak. People wishing to speak on Matters Not On The Agenda may be given an opportunity if time permits.
For a member of the public to be considered to address Council on an agenda item, they must agree to strictly adhere to all relevant adopted Council Codes, Policies and Procedures at all times.
- When your name is called, please proceed to the lectern and address Council.
Councillors may ask questions of a speaker following an address.
Each answer, by the speaker, to a question is limited to two (2) minutes.
A speaker cannot ask questions of Council.
Council will permit no more than two (2) speakers ‘in support of’ and two (2) speakers ‘in opposition to’ the recommendation on any one (1) agenda item.
Each speaker will be allocated a maximum of five (5) minutes to address Council. This time is to be strictly enforced by the Chairperson.
If you have any documentation, written, visual or audio, to support your presentation, please provide to Council by 9:00am on the day of the Public Forum.
- Council accepts no responsibility for any defamatory statements made by speakers.
Representations to Councillors
As an alternative to speaking in Public Forum, community members may provide in writing to Councillors matters relating to an agenda item by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting Councillors directly using their contact details. Any information provided will assist Councillors in their decision making capacity on those items on the agenda.
All representations made to Councillors through the above email address must be received by Council no later than 4:30pm on the Monday prior to the meeting.
Business papers are available for viewing online at www.pmhc.nsw.gov.au/councilmeetings by midday on the Thursday prior to the Council Meeting.
Click to see the upcoming Ordinary Council Meeting dates.
This page was last updated on: 17 May 2021