• Site wide emergency announcement. Site wide emergency resolved announcement. Site wide generic announcement.

    Following the recent public health orders, the way we're delivering some of our services has changed. For information and advice click here.

Main Content Anchor

Parks, Reserves, Beaches

We maintain a wide range of parks and reserves available for hire to be used for private and public events. You can view a parks and reserves availability online by using our online enquiry service.

Some of our beaches are available with 4WD access but a permit must be purchased prior to driving on our beaches.

Fee applies

Private functions on Council reserves


 Form  Description  Form Code
 More Information
Application to hold a private function

A private function is an event from which the general public is excluded. This could include an event organised by an individual, group, club, association or company, such as a corporate or social club Christmas party, family reunion, or group barbecue.


No fee

Sporting clubs, incorporated bodies and associations of any kind are required to provide evidence of current public liability insurance cover for any event held and this is to be submitted with the application.

Private functions on Council reserves

Application to hold a private ceremony

A private ceremony includes weddings, christenings, memorial services or any other ceremony from which the general public is excluded. Maximum time permitted for a private ceremony is two hours. A fee applies to use a park or reserve for a private ceremony.



Application to stage an event

Includes any event from an information stall to a complex event with marquees, road closures and/or any event with over 500 attendees. Events open to the general public or closed events where an invitation or the purchase of tickets is required to participate.

   Fee applies
Application to use Sancrox Reserve or tennis courts

Social functions at Sancrox Reserve. You may hire the tennis court and kitchen and exclusive use of these facilities is given for the duration of the booking.


No fee to use Sancrox Reserve.

Application for Beach Driving Permit

Registered vehicles may be driven on beaches with a permit.  Permits can be purchased at Council and other agencies in the area.


Fee applies.  

Beaches & Waterways

Application for filming form

Anyone interested in filming within the Port Macquarie-Hastings region must first obtain relevant approvals for the activity.

The filmmaker’s responsibilities and obligations are further recognised under  Port Macquarie-Hastings Council Code of Conduct for Location Filming132KB pdf(PDF, 132KB) and the  Local Government Filming Protocol 2009353KB pdf(PDF, 353KB)

For all other filming enquiries please refer to Screen NSW


Fee applies

Temporary vehicle access to a reserve

Approval to gain temporary vehicle access to your property through a public reserve.


Fee applies

 Temporary Licence for Commercial Activities On Council Managed Land Application Form1MB pdf(PDF, 1MB) If you operate a business in a public space including on a beach, in a park or on a reserve, then you need to have a valid licence to operate your business in these areas.     Commercial activities on council managed land





This page was last updated on: 22 June 2020