Main Content Anchor

Approvals for development

Application forms for private and public development and construction including forms that support assessment such as bushfire rating, heritage, bond release, sewer service diagrams, fee quotes, owner builder permits, declarations, and compliance and completion certificates.


A building information certificate is valid for a period of 7 years from the date of issue of the certificate, in accordance with Division 6.7 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.

The building information certificate may apply to the whole or to part only of a building. Any works undertaken since the issue date are not covered by the building information certificate.

Apply for a Building Information Certificate (DE108)

A Building Information Certificate for a property assures an owner,  a potential purchaser, or a financial institution, that the structures on the property are in reasonable repair and have the approval of Council.

Property owners must provide consent by way of signatures and company or owners corporation seal for development proposals on their land. This consent can be provided as part of the DE1 application or separately on the Owners Consent Form (DE5).

Enquire about a previously issued Building Certificate

  1. Search our register for applications lodged on a property
  2. Request a copy of a past Building Certificate

Development Consent

Application forms and templates to book a pre-logement meeting, request a fee quote, heritage assessment, apply for or surrender development consent.

For major or involved developments Council offers a free service to talk through your proposal and plans with the various asset owners at Council to assist you in preparing your application for lodgement.

Determine whether development approval is required for works on heritage and archaeological items

Certification that the development is not in Bushfire Attack Level 40 or the Flame Zone. 

Request a quote on the application and other fees that are payable for your development proposal.  

Property owners must provide consent by way of signatures and company or owners corporation seal for development proposals on their land. This consent can be provided separately or as part of your Development and Building Application.


One form that allows you to apply for multiple or single development related approvals including:

  • Complying Development Certificate (CDC)
  • Development Application (DA) Modification of existing consent
  • Variation to development standards
  • Construction Certificate – Building and Infrastructure
  • Subdivision Certificate
  • Private water works including stormwater, sewerage and on-site sewer systems (S68) 

Property owners, their agents (applicant) and anyone making a submission about a development application must provide details of any political donations or gifts associated with the proposal. 

A statement of environmental effects is required for all minor development applications. It is required for:

  • New dwellings
  • Alterations and additions
  • Ancillary structures
  • Change of use or first use of a commercial or industrial premises

A Statement of Environmental Effects for minor development should be include with your Development and Building Application form. 

This form is a supplementary supporting statement that needs to be submitted with your Development and Building Application form. It is required under Section 96 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. Note Council cannot accept modification applications that relate to building works that have been finalised through the issue of a Final Occupation Certificate.

This application to surrender a development consent issued under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.


Forms required through the building, public works and plumbing and drainage construction phases of a development.

You must obtain this permit if you want to build or supervise building on your own private residential premise. This includes managing your own residential building project and performing the coordinating and contracting roles usually undertaken by a builder. These roles include, but are not limited to, constructions, alterations, repairs and additions to a dwelling.

This permit applies to labour and work that requires Council approval and that has a market value of greater than $10,000 (inclusive of GST). Applications for Owner Builder Permits are made with Fair Trading.

In order to book inspections with Council and for final approval, Council must be provided with a copy of your Owner Builder Permit and related insurances.  You can supply this information to us when a first inspection booking is made.



Your notice to commence work (DE191) must be lodged with Council before any building or construction work starts.


Your Notice of Work must be lodged with Council (Regulator) for Plumbing and Drainage (S68) 2 business days before work starts.

You can supply this information to us when you make your first inspection booking.

The Notice of Work is completed by the plumber or drainer and provides the following information to the Regulator (Council):

  1. who will carry out the work
  2. where work will be carried out
  3. when work will be undertaken and estimated completion date
  4. the type of work to be carried out (scale and scope)
  5. intention for work to comply with (PCA and AS/NZS3500)
  6. if an alternate solution is being proposed.

Related information:

FAQ for Inspectors 


You can book your inspections and supply any required plans, certificates and other documents required for your inspection 

Completion and Compliance

Forms required at the completion and certification phases of a development.

The Certificate of Compliance is a legal requirement. It confirms that a licensed plumber/drainer has undertaken work, which complies with current legislation and the relevant industry Codes and Standards. It must be filled out for all completed plumbing and drainage work.


A Sewer Service Diagram for plumbing and drainage work is a layout of the onsite house service line from the fixtures to the point of connection or the property boundary. The Sewer Service Diagram must be provided to Council at the completion of the drainage work.

Other than minor internal dwelling alterations, all developments will require a S305-307 Certificate where there is the potential for plumbing works and/or Council’s water supply and/or sewer infrastructure to be affected. 

Return public works assets created by development.

Apply for release of bond securities after final acceptance of works by Council. 

If you are selling a property with a pool,  unless you have a valid Final Occupation Certificate a swimming pool barrier compliance certificate (DE132) is required.

Manufactured Homes and Caravan Parks

Forms relating to installation, notices of completion and approvals to operate.

Apply for approval to install a manufactured home, moveable dwelling or associated structure in a manufactured home estate or caravan park. An “application to install” is an activity application made under Section 68 of the Local Government Act, 1993. This application is required for any new installations, extensions to existing structures and alterations made to existing structures on a dwelling site.

Before doing any work on a dwelling site, a resident must first need to check with the park/estate manager. The manager will advise on the permissibility of the work in accordance with the Regulation and whether an “application to install” must be lodged with Council.


Submit your notice of completion of installation that certifies the requirements under the Regulation such as the structure meets engineering standards, compliance plates are fitted, etc within 7 days after the completion. The form includes a comprehensive checklist of items to be addressed for submission with the application.


Approval to operate or manage an existing caravan park, camping ground or manufactured home estate. Approval is required under Section 68 Part F2 of the Local Government Act 1993.

If the park/estate is new development consent (DA) is required. 

Page 1 of  1

This page was last updated on: 12 April 2019