The Glasshouse offers a world of cultural experience, state-of-the-art technical facilities and flexible venues for performance, leisure and hire.
Located in the CBD of Port Macquarie, the Glasshouse is home to an impressive theatre, regional gallery, Ross Family Studio, Visitor Information Centre, gift shop, conference and meeting rooms, heritage displays, Café and bar.
The Glasshouse is a community, cultural and business facility with a range of spaces and services available for hire.
- 594 seat tiered, theatre auditorium, with a full fly tower and orchestra pit
- 123 seat Ross Family Studio - a black box studio exhibition and performance space
- International standard Regional Gallery spanning over 3 levels
- Large foyer spaces able to be used as dedicated trade show and exhibition areas
- Commercial catering available
- Full fibre-optic communications and broadcast capabilities with audio-visual support provided in-house
- Heritage & archaeological displays dating from the 1820's
- Visitor Information Centre
- Gift shop
- Café and bar.
The Glasshouse also provides the region’s most advanced technical and production infrastructure for patrons and venue hirers.
Hiring the Glasshouse
The Glasshouse has a wide range of facilities and services available for hire. To find out how you can hire this facility and use it to its full potential, please contact the Glasshouse Venue Hire team on 6581 8888 or email email@example.com.
Your community group may be eligible to receive 40 per cent discount on venue hire fees. For information on eligibility, discounted fees, charges and how to book, visit the Glasshouse website.
- Business Meetings, Events & Conference Hire
You are welcome to come into the Glasshouse and explore the meeting, conference and event facilities available for our local businesses. The Glasshouse has very competitive Business Sense hire packages available with prices beginning at $35.
To enquire about hiring the Hay Street Forecourt, located in front of Port central and the Glasshouse, please call Port Macquarie-Hastings Council staff on (02) 6581 8111. Applications for the use of the Hay Street forecourt must be submitted to Council’s Traffic and Transport Section for approval under the New South Wales Roads Act.
Corner of Clarence and Hay Streets
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Ph: 02 6581 8888
Fax: 02 6581 8107
The Glasshouse Strategic Plan was adopted by Council, at the ordinary Council meeting held on 16 July 2014.
View the Glasshouse Port Macquarie Strategic Plan 2014-2017.