Port Macquarie-Hastings Council invites creative designers, artists, graphic designers and students to submit artwork to be incorporated onto the Port Macquarie signage located on the Gordon Street frontage of the Port Macquarie Historic Cemetery.
The signage design is part of the newly redesigned area of the Port Macquarie’s landscape. Sitting at a key gateway to the Port Macquarie CBD, alongside Kooloonbung Creek and the Historic Cemetery, the site has become one of Port Macquarie’s most recognised and photographed features.
The winning artist have their designs be incorporated into the signage, as well as winning a $2000 prize.
All submitted designs must adhere to the template and content requirements.
- Your design must be original.
- Designs can be literal or abstract, however designs should respond to the site of Kooloonbung Creek, Port Macquarie, whether it be environmentally, culturally or historically. Examples include flora and fauna of Kooloonbung Creek, Aboriginal history, European history, Kooloonbung Creek waterway
- Different designs can be submitted for each wall to relate to the signage but should be read as a suite
- Aboriginal entrants are encouraged to apply and will be considered favorably
- Designs must b e in black and white only.
- The sandblasting technique works best with a bold, simple graphic that is not too detailed.
- Designs must consider the distance that the object will be viewed from including pedestrian traffic and traffic on the roads.
- Designs can be hand drawn or computer generated
The winning designs will be converted into a scalable format by Port Macquarie-Hastings Council and be utilised to create templates for the concrete blocks.
Submissions are due 14 February 2017 by 11.59pm. The winner will be contacted directly by Port Macquarie-Hastings Council and announced on 23 February 2017.
For more information and to apply, please download the entry form, design guidelines and terms & conditions804KB pdf(PDF, 804KB). You must complete a new entry form111KB pdf(PDF, 111KB) for each entry into the competition.
If you have any questions, please contact Councils’ Creative Place Facilitator, Skye Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6581 8111.
This page was last updated on: 20 December 2016