Launched in 2004 by the Mayor's Sporting Fund Sub-committee, the Wayne Richards Sporting Scholarship was established as a tribute to the late former Mayor, Wayne Richards who was instrumental in the formation of the Mayor's Sporting Fund in 1999 and a passionate supporter of youth and sport in the Port Macquarie-Hastings region.
The annual $4,000 scholarship is designed to provide substantial financial assistance to a Port Macquarie-Hastings based athlete to pursue their sporting goals.
Upon the announcement of the successful recipient, the athlete receives $1,000. This is followed by three subsequent payments of $1000.
Applications for the 2017 Wayne Richards Sporting Scholarship will open in June 2017.
All finalists will be invited to attend a presentation breakfast to be held at Panthers, Port Macquarie, in October 2017, where the recipient of the 2017 scholarship will be announced.
- Applicants must read the attached Wayne Richards Sporting Scholarship Eligibility Criteria before applying.
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of the Port Macquarie-Hastings region and be a minimum of 13 years of age and no older than 21 years of age at the time applications close.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- Applicants must complete the online application form and provide supporting documentation outlining their participation and recent sporting achievements to date, their plans for their sporting future and any special circumstances.
- Applicants must complete the photography consent form and include it with their online application. (Form available below)
- Applicants must demonstrate achievement in their chosen sport at a State, National or International level and wishes to pursue a sporting career.
- Recommendations by coaches, sports clubs and associations if submitted with the application will be considered.
- The recipient of the scholarship will be determined by the Mayor's Sporting Fund Sub-Committee from the applications successfully lodged online. The Mayor's Sporting Fund Sub-Committee's decision is final with no further correspondence being entered into.
For enquiries, please phone Jenny Mead on 6581 8111 or email.
This page was last updated on: 16 March 2017