Launched in 2004 by the Mayor's Sporting Fund Sub-committee, the Wayne Richards Sporting Scholarship was established as a tribute to the late former Mayor, Wayne Richards who was instrumental in the formation of the Mayor's Sporting Fund in 1999 and a passionate supporter of youth and sport in the Port Macquarie-Hastings region.
The annual $4,000 scholarship is designed to provide substantial financial assistance to a Port Macquarie-Hastings based athlete to pursue their sporting goals.
Upon the announcement of the successful recipient, the athlete receives $1,000. This is followed by three subsequent payments of $1000.
Online applications for the 2017 Wayne Richards Sporting Scholarship are now open and will close on 30 September 2017.
Please complete the online form below.
All finalists will be invited to attend a presentation breakfast to be held at Panthers, Port Macquarie, on 13 November 2017, where the recipient of the 2017 scholarship will be announced.
- Applicants must read the attached Wayne Richards Sporting Scholarship Eligibility Criteria before applying.
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of the Port Macquarie-Hastings region and be a minimum of 13 years of age and no older than 21 years of age at the time applications close.
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
- Applicants must complete the online application form and provide supporting documentation outlining their participation and recent sporting achievements to date, their plans for their sporting future and any special circumstances.
- Applicants must complete the photography consent form and include it with their online application. (Form available below)
- Applicants must demonstrate achievement in their chosen sport at a State, National or International level and wishes to pursue a sporting career.
- Recommendations by coaches, sports clubs and associations if submitted with the application will be considered.
- The recipient of the scholarship will be determined by the Mayor's Sporting Fund Sub-Committee from the applications successfully lodged online. The Mayor's Sporting Fund Sub-Committee's decision is final with no further correspondence being entered into.
Click here to view form.
For enquiries, please phone Jenny Mead on 6581 8111 or email.
This page was last updated on: 10 July 2017