We want a better future so we need a Plan. This Plan starts on 1 July 2017 and finishes on 30 June 2021. It is for everyone with a disability, their families, carers, friends and the whole community.
The community is all the people who live in Port Macquarie-Hastings area.
This Plan sets out actions that council will deliver in the next four years to help make life better for people with a disability, their families and carers.
People with a disability know what is most important to them. People, with a disability, their families, friends and carers helped us to write this Plan.
Sometimes people with a disability need extra help to live a full life and join in with other people. The council wants to make sure this Plan is making life better for people with a disability and their families and carers.
7 Big Ideas
This is part of our long term thinking about the future. The
7 Big ideas are:
- Give better access to council buildings and outdoor areas
- Have your say about council decisions
- Council information is easier to read, get and understand
- Make it easier to join in with your community
- Encourage shops and businesses to be disability friendly
- Council listens and supports
- Council is a disability friendly workplace
These ideas are included in this Disability Inclusion Action Plan4MB pdf(PDF, 4MB).
This page was last updated on: 22 June 2017