The top 10 reasons why the Port Macquarie-Hastings is the Shape of the Future4MB pdf(PDF, 4MB).
- A vibrant and diverse economy - We are committed to maintaining and strengthening our diversity to provide a broad range of economic opportunities.
- A growing population, strong local market & stable workforce - One of the fastest growing regions in NSW with the biggest increase in our population is those aged 35- 49 with young families in the prime of their careers.
- Strategic location - Strategically located mid-way between Sydney and Brisbane and serviced by a well developed air, road and rail network.
- A regional hub - A major events destination and a regional hub with a market of a further 200,000 within two hours drive.
- Major projects to fuel future growth - Recent and planned investment of over $350 million in major infrastructure spending.
- Secure and sustainable infrastructure - A world class water and sewer system with a secure supply of electricity and transport infrastructure.
- Big picture planning - The capacity to comfortably service growth for around another 25 years.
- A proactive Council and supportive business community - A good supply of zoned land, development flexibility, efficient approvals, free development advice and a Small Business Friendly Council, plus many organisations that can help you start or grow your business.
- Investment opportunities - Small and large businesses can thrive here with increasing opportunities within a range of industries.
- A lifestyle like no other - Offering a welcoming community, temperate climate, affordable housing and enviable coastal living; it is the perfect lifestyle destination.
If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of doing business in Port Macquarie-Hastings, sign up for our newsletter Economic Development Matters, contact the Economic Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 6581 8111.
This page was last updated on: 15 July 2016